ACTIVE TOPICS SEARCH FAQ & RULES
 All Forums
 Shows A
 Airwolf
 A poll of sorts: Did Stringfellow Hawke survive?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Buried Alien Offline

United States
745 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2003 :  09:05:52  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
"Blackjack", the opening episode of the fourth and final season of AIRWOLF, left it ambiguous whether or not Stringfellow Hawke survived the helicopter explosion that killed Dominic Santini. Where do you stand?

I vote that String lived. :)

Turboz Offline

United Kingdom
34 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2003 :  09:07:47  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yep, I vote that he lives hiding away in his Cabin!

Go to Top of Page

BUGS BUNNY Offline

United Kingdom
1043 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2003 :  10:51:54  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think so too. As they never showed the outcome. Universal again fouled up!

Go to Top of Page

SQUADRON LEADER Offline

United Kingdom
1653 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2003 :  13:42:48  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know. Like most of season 4, too many contradictions.

String was referred to in the past tense in about two episodes. So, he did die, right?

I don't know. At the end of 'Blackjack', Sinjin lands Airwolf in the Lair and Locke asks him to join the team. Sinjin shakes everyone's hands and smiles. I think if your brother has just died, you'd be crying and joining the team would be the last thing you'd want to do. Sinjin was too happy for a guy who'd just lost his brother.

But, like I said, String was referred to in the past tense so the whole thing is really weird.

Squadron Leader
Go to Top of Page

annehillskiing Offline

United Kingdom
217 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2003 :  22:18:38  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think he survived also.

Go to Top of Page

Turboz Offline

United Kingdom
34 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2003 :  22:51:45  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
To be honest it looks like it was left open for a possible return of SFH at any time in a future plot. As you say it was never cast in stone that he ever died.

Go to Top of Page

curlyboy Offline

United Kingdom
12 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2003 :  21:09:10  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
hello

i read on a fan site that the in the original story for the 4th season the deaths of dom & string were so they could live there lives away from airwolf under new identites that is why it could have been anyone getting into the exploding helicopter and how hard is it to get a heart monitor to tone which keeps them alive but makes their enemy's (the russians etc) from kidnapping them for airwolfs secrets,but after the show moved to canada the studio decidedto kill off the characters because the actors had not moved with the show (this is why archangel & co are barely mentioned)and they thought that they were unnecessary for the continuation of the show (how wrong were they!).

Go to Top of Page

stringfellow52 Offline

United States
225 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  03:17:04  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
I do not believe that String died in the episode "Blackjack". I do not think that Sinjin would have taken him away from the hospital if it meant String's life. I believe that Sinjin took String back to his cabin to recover.

Go to Top of Page

Alley Cat Offline

United States
101 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  03:32:20  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with Turboz. I think they were thinking of having SFH have cameos or something.

Life is a great big canvas and you should throw all the paint you can on it. (Danny Kaye)
Go to Top of Page

lorat Offline

United States
181 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  04:27:07  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think he died. Never saw blackjack, but like someone else said, his brother did not seem to be grieving.

String: Brer Rabbit to Brer Fox Dom: String, are you ok String: I was born in that briar patch. from "To Snare a Wolf"
Go to Top of Page

Hawke`s Lady Offline

United Kingdom
1892 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  07:06:05  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I don't know..

I seem to recall he says to St John in the hospital something along the lines of "I'm not gonna die here" - leading you to believe St John took him to his cabin to die in peace.

I'd rather go with the happier idea that String's still alive though.

I hate Blackjack anyway, everything's wrong in it.

By the way, in Flowers of the Mountain, St John says "I have a brother" - many fans take that to mean String's still alive.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
"Saint Peter I presume?" "Sorry, just a run-of-the-mill Archangel"

Mind of the Machine

Edited by - Hawke`s Lady on 07/07/2003 07:08:29
Go to Top of Page

SQUADRON LEADER Offline

United Kingdom
1653 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2003 :  10:52:04  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
Season 4 was just weird because I think in the episode 'The Key', String was referred to in the past tense but HL was right about Flowers of the Mountain.

I would have preferred it if the character died because it wouldn't have been fair keeping him alive after his best friend and mentor died.

Squadron Leader
Go to Top of Page

Mike Rivers Offline
Starter Member

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2003 :  00:54:27  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have mentioned on the old site that the script of 'Blackjack' has some extra dialogue, this occurs during String and St.John's reunion at the end. St.John responds to String saying he doesn't want to die there, with having spoken to the doctors and that String will recover, the scene ends with them crying together, there is no mention of his death at all, this coupled with 'Flowers of the Mountain' pretty much proves he survived. Also in the Key etc when St.John says he 'had' a brother, or Mike saying 'he was your brother'I think this was just past tense in the way some one might say at a party, 'Oh Dominic, he was your Uncle, I met wasn't he?' not necesairily dead.

Go to Top of Page

SQUADRON LEADER Offline

United Kingdom
1653 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2003 :  01:25:08  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Rivers

I have mentioned on the old site that the script of 'Blackjack' has some extra dialogue, this occurs during String and St.John's reunion at the end. St.John responds to String saying he doesn't want to die there, with having spoken to the doctors and that String will recover, the scene ends with them crying together, there is no mention of his death at all, this coupled with 'Flowers of the Mountain' pretty much proves he survived. Also in the Key etc when St.John says he 'had' a brother, or Mike saying 'he was your brother'I think this was just past tense in the way some one might say at a party, 'Oh Dominic, he was your Uncle, I met wasn't he?' not necesairily dead.

Well, thats good enough for me...sort of.

I know it's only a TV show but in a way it's quite sad to think of Hawke going back to the empty cabin knowing his old friend and mentor Dominic has died. No shoulder to cry on. No Archangel to talk to.

Squadron Leader
Go to Top of Page

Alchemist Offline

Belgium
771 Posts

Posted - 07/08/2003 :  01:45:30  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
My vote is also that String survived, somewhere FAR away from all FIRM or Companybusiness.

Im your Harvester of Sorrow... Meet St. Anger!!
Go to Top of Page

Just a fan Offline

United States
15 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2003 :  20:34:17  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
I vote that he's alive somewhere. Since the disapperance of Cait is never explained, I say they're in hiding while he recovers from his injuries.
Go to Top of Page

Lee Panther Offline
Starter Member

United States
1 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2003 :  18:47:36  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't know guys. I would rather believe that season four never happened. That leaves possiblities for anything. :)

Regards. ;)

Go to Top of Page

Willow Away

Netherlands
753 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2003 :  02:40:59  Show Profile Away  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ohhhhhhhhhh I so hate BlackJack and season 4! Suddenly the lair is stuffed with high tech stuff which they didn't have before! And then the "special effects" and stuff... ew!

And I do believe String survived. St.John didn't look THAT grieving and he brought String to his cabin so String could live out his days as a cute hermit to die of old age.

willow
Go to Top of Page

trekker007 Offline

United States
327 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2003 :  02:08:03  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am confused... i have never seen season 4, even though i had thought about buying this blackjack episode just to see what happened, did they show stock footage of dominic exploding the in the helicopter or something? perhaps from that scene in the truth about holly? Or did they get some actor to wear those clothes and walk into a helicopter and then switch to some cheesy explosion?

Go to Top of Page

Hawke`s Lady Offline

United Kingdom
1892 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2003 :  12:33:48  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by trekker007

Or did they get some actor to wear those clothes and walk into a helicopter and then switch to some cheesy explosion?

Bingo!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Saint Peter I presume?" "Sorry, just a run-of-the-mill Archangel"

Mind of the Machine
Go to Top of Page

Martin G. Grant Offline
Star Member

United Kingdom
2618 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2003 :  18:36:13  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
Imagine us guys and girls being the editors for Season 4 - it would have been so, so much better!!

D.G. Bogard: "I have no compunction about blowing you and your machine outta the sky! I don't believe you could do the same."
Hawke: "We'll never know, will we?"
D.G. Bogard: "We might (!)"

From Episode 0-12 / 1-12: To Snare A Wolf
Go to Top of Page

R.Cassidy Offline

United Kingdom
1092 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2003 :  21:50:46  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
You know what bugs me about you guys? You're always quoting St.John in 'Flowers of the Mountain', yet you ALWAYS ignore the second bit of his line.

Girl: "Do you have any family?"
St.John: "A brother......he's always looking out for me in his own way."
As I've explained before, I take this to mean that he's watching over St.John from above.

As for 'Blackjack'....I think String died. Again, I've explained before that (in my opinion) the empty bed is meant to be symbolic. After all, a picture tells a thousand words (or something).
Anyway, I'd rather believe that String did die, rather than aurviving and letting things carry on the way they did.......

"Lets go off to the Shepton Mallet Antique Fair, and go Bargain Hunting!!"
Go to Top of Page

hawke81 Offline

United States
209 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2003 :  23:11:00  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think String survived also

Go to Top of Page

Alchemist Offline

Belgium
771 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2003 :  01:52:22  Show Profile Offline  Send Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yup he survived.

Im your Harvester of Sorrow... Meet St. Anger!!
Get to know the Alchemist on http://users.Pandora.be/Alchemists_Lair.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
= Offline, = Away, = Online
tv-series.com © 1994-2010 tv-series.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000